Please read these instructions carefully BEFORE contacting us with your pitch.
The posts must be original, at least 1,000 words and of high-value to our audience and fit into one of our 7 content areas:
To submit a pitch and have it reviewed, you must follow this format:
- Briefly summarize your story, guide or article idea.
- Briefly explain why you’re the right person to write the piece. What’s your relevant expertise or experience?
- Briefly explain why this argument or story will matters.
- Briefly outline how the piece will start and end. If you have a draft, include it in the body of the email.
- Use a clear, informative headline as the subject line.
- Include a short description of your previous writing experience and links to your digital portfolio or published articles
- Be your own work. We do not accept pitches from PR representatives, SEO agencies or agents.
We will review the pitch idea to see if it meets our quality standards and is tailored to providing value to our audience.
Keep in mind, unless the post is very high-quality, scannable and written by someone who shares our self-education and creativity ethos, it will be rejected (we ignore emails that don’t follow these guidelines….as a popular website, we get 5-10 emails a day from people who don’t).
Please submit your pitch to us through the contact page.