It looks like 2023 is shaping up to be the year when generative AI tools start to transform knowledge-based work.
For business owners and content creators, there is a huge opportunity right now to gain a competitive advantage by being an early adopter of new A.I. tools to automate repetitive processes, augment your intelligence and enhance your creative process.
While there has been a lot of talk about OpenAI’s ChatGPT-3 since it debuted on November 30th and achieved its first million users in only 5 days (and now 100+ million users) ― there are much more feature-rich and customizable AI tools based on the GPT-3 framework and similar models.
What Is Generative AI?
Generative AI refers to artificial intelligence that can learn in a similar way to the human brain and instantly generate novel content, rather than simply analyzing existing data.
This new breed of AI tools uses complex machine learning models that can learn the rules and patterns of human language and produce text and images such as blog posts, software code, and artwork.
Imagine a person who has read nearly every book, scientific journal, and website ― and can analyze, summarize and recite it all back to you in a matter of seconds based on any question that you ask them.
That’s the superhuman power of generative AI.
It can now only quickly generate answers and content, it can help you finetune your business strategy. It’s just a matter of understanding how it works and prompting it correctly.
With the arrival of ChatGPT, the AI revolution has begun a profound shift that has the potential to transform work and business even more than the rise of the Internet did in the 1990s, search engines in the 2000s, and social networking in the 2010s.
We are still in the early stages of this AI revolution and many of these tools are free or inexpensive so why give this disruptive new technology a spin?
100 AI Productivity Tools For Business
Browse this list of the best free or affordable artificial intelligence tools I’ve found to start experimenting with the magic of generative AI.
I’ve spent a lot of time playing around with the latest AI productivity tools and there are so many areas of business where they can help improve your process and overcome productivity bottlenecks.
Most of these AI tools offer free versions or free trials so you can test them out and see how they work for yourself.
1. ChatGPT Extensions
These helpful tools make it easy to integrate ChatGPT into your web browser.
1. Merlin – An excellent command bar ChatGPT content wizard.
2. Promptheus – Prompts ChatGPT in a more conversational way with your voice.
3. ChatGPT Writer – Easy integration of ChatGPT into websites and email clients.
4. WebChatGPT – Enables web search to overcome the 2021 datasets limitation.
Make your better presentations more dynamic and eye-catching.
1. Tome – Create powerful visual presentations with AI storytelling tools.
2. Beautiful.ai – Quickly design eye-catching presentation decks.
3. iA Presenter – Build stunning presentations from text prompts.
4. Yoodli – Improve your presentation skills with a personalized AI speech coach.
5. Poised – An AI-powered coach that helps you speak with more confidence and clarity.
6. Otter – A great tool for automating voice meeting notes and presentation transcriptions.
7. Fathom – Another good AI assistant that records, transcribes and summarizes meetings.
3. Writing Assistants
These automated writing assistants can help improve the clarity of your writing.
1. Grammarly – The most popular AI-powered proofreading and grammar checker.
2. Wordtune – Another tool that helps improve grammar, spelling and punctuation.
3. QuillBot – Rewrite and rephrases your words to improve your writing.
4. Notion AI – Improve your note taking and summaries with AI in Notion.
4. Content Marketing
Use these all-in-online content tools for organizing and scaling your marketing.
1. Jasper – The most popular AI tool for copywriting and content marketing.
2. Neural Text – All-in-one content marketing platform for search engine marketing.
3. GoCharlie – Speeds up content creation with AI-written content and images.
4. Hoppy Copy – Create multiple emails, generate copy and email drips.
5. MarketPlan – Helps you plan, execute and organize your entire marketing strategy.
6. DigitalFirst – Helps you create a marketing plan and execute it step-by-step.
7. Sitekick – Create a landing page in minutes with this AI-powered web builder.
5. Content Writing Tools
Augment your creative process with faster research and content planning.
1. Craftly – AI copywriting tool with a massive library of content templates.
2. WriteSonic – Quickly create blog posts, ads, emails and website content.
3. Copy.ai – Generate high-converting marketing copy.
4. Moonbeam – A good long-form writing AI assistant.
5. Anyword – Data-driven copywriting to generate more sales.
6. Peppertype – Virtual content assistant that generates post ideas.
7. Copysmith – AI content toolkit for enterprise and e-commerce.
8. Writer – AI writing platform for producing brand content at scale.
6. AI Content Detectors
While AI content generators can speed up writing, you need a good human editor.
1. Plag.ai – AI-driven plagiarism checker.
2. Originality.ai – A plagiarism checker and AI detector for brands.
3. Content At Scale – Another handy AI content detector.
4. Paraphraser – Free article writer, plagiarism checker and text summarizer.
7. SEO Analysis Tools
AI can speed up SEO research and help you optimize your content for high rankings.
1. Frase – Helps you research, write and optimize high-quality SEO content.
2. Market Muse – AI-driven assistant that helps marketers build content strategies.
3. SEMRush – The most popular SEO platform has lots of new AI capabilities.
4. Alli AI – Optimize any website in minutes and automate on-page SEO.
5. SurferSEO – AI-powered SERP analyzer to optimize blog posts and articles.
6. Keyword Insights – Generate thousands of keyword ideas.
7. BuzzSumo – Find the best content online for any keyword or topic using AI.
8. GetGenie – Integrate keyword research, competitor analyses and content writing into one platform.
9. Outranking – Content planning, AI-assisted writing and on-page SEO optimization tools.
10. Scalenut – Content intelligence to help you create better more relevant content.
8. Ad Creative
Quickly create multiple headlines, images and descriptions that you can test.
1. Pencil – Generate unlimited ad creatives, integrated with your existing advertising stack.
2. Clickable – Beautiful, brand-consistent, and highly converting ads.
3. AdCreative – Generate conversion-focused ads and social media post creatives fast.
9. Social Media
Spark new ideas to keep the content on your social media channels fresh.
1. Lately – AI content generator and repurposing tool for social media.
2. Brand24 – AI social media sentiment monitoring tool.
3. AI Social Bio – Your social media bio created by artificial intelligence.
4. Editby – A.I. toolkit to grow your Twitter audience.
5. Presdis – Create social media posts in seconds in your brand language.
6. Postwise – Write tweets, schedule posts and grow your following using AI.
7. Canary AI – Get 3 daily LinkedIn post ideas recommended to you.
10. Image Generators
Create eye-catching images in a matter of seconds.
1. OpenArt – Search 10M+ of prompts, and generate AI Art via Stable Diffusion, DALL·E 2.
2. Stock AI – AI-generated stock photos for free. Use in any project without worry about attribution.
3. Playground – A free-to-use online AI image creator.
4. DreamLike – Create stunning original art in seconds with AI.
5. Dall·E 2 – Create realistic images and art from a short description.
6. Midjourney – Create beautiful AI-generated artwork from text-based prompts.
7. StarryAI – Best AI image generator for iOS and Android.
8. Craiyon – The best completely free AI image generator.
9. Supermeme – Turn text into engaging memes using AI.
11. Design Tools
AI assistants that can help you with the design process.
1. Designs.ai – create logos, videos, banners, and mockups all with AI technology.
2. Uizard – UI design tool used for designing wireframes, mockups, and prototypes.
3. Lensa – All-in-one image editing app that improves your photos.
4. Fermat – Unleash your creativity with AI on a collaborative canvas.
5. Vizcom – See your drawings come to life in seconds.
6. Poly – Generate commercially-licensed 3D textures.
7. GetImg – Magical AI art tools. Generate original images and modify existing ones
8, Freeway ML – Get high-quality results from AI image generation models.
9. Looka – Create your brand from scratch with AI-powered design.
12. Email Outreach
Improve your outreach process and get more responses to your emails.
1. Smartwriter – Automate your entire outreach process.
2. Postaga – Use AI to Automatically Generate Effective Outreach Campaigns.
3. Lavender – Sales email assistant that works with Gmail and Outlook.
4. DraftLab – Your Gmail copilot to write better emails faster.
5. Ellie – AI email assistant that crafts replies as if they were written by you.
6. Breakcold – Cold email outreach software with personalized icebreakers.
7. Mentioned – Influencer outreach and link building on auto-pilot.
13. Video Tools
Create powerful videos that educate prospects about your products and services.
1. InVideo – Convert your script, article, or blog into a video in seconds.
3. Lumen5 – Create engaging video content from scratch with AI.
3. Movavi – Intuitive video editing software that combines AI-powered features.
4. Steve AI – AI video maker for creating animated videos.
5. Nuro Video – Fully automated AI video editing software.
6. Runway – Magical AI tools, real-time collaboration and precision editing.
7. Unscreen – Remove the background from any video.
8. Descript – Record, transcribe, mix, collaborate, and master your audio and video.
9. Veed – An online video suite for video professionals.
10. Pictory – Automatically create high-conversion video sales letters.
11. Synthesia – Smart video maker that uses artificial intelligence avatars to create videos.
14. Audio Tools
Add music to your videos with AI-generated audio tools.
1. CleanVoice – Removes filler sounds, stuttering and mouth sounds from audio.
2. Listnr – AI Voice Generator with over 600+ voiceovers in 80+ languages.
3. Mubert – AI Generative Music for your video content, podcasts and apps.
4. Podcastle – Multi-track recording, audio transcription, and text-to-speech capabilities.
5. Play.HT – Instantly converts text to natural-sounding speech.
Handy AI-driven productivity tools that can speed up routine tasks.
1. Motion – Plan your week and optimize your daily schedule with AI.
2. Excel Formula Bot – Another way to transform your text instructions into Excel formulas.
3. Mem – The self-organizing workspace that helps you automate tasks and stay focused.
4. Legal Robot – Translate legalese into plain language with automated legal analysis.
5. TLDR This – Summarize any piece of text into concise, easy-to-digest content.
16. Business Automation
Use AI to automate the repetitive tasks that waste your time.
1. Levity – Train your own AI on documents, images, or text data to automate repetitive tasks.
2. Bardeen – Automate repetitive tasks without code.
3. Cheat Layer – A no-code business automation platform.
4. Xembly – An automated chief of staff to handle repetitive tasks.
17. Sales Platforms
Organize your sales pipeline and optimize your sales process with these AI business tools.
1. Wingman – Record customer calls and build a repeatable sales machine.
2. Enterpret – Customer feedback analytics.
3. Viable – AI and GPT-3 to automate your qualitative feedback data analysis.
4. Createxti – Researches your prospects and suggests hyper-personalized copy for outreach.
5. Kalendar – Sets up meetings with your highly-targeted prospects.
6. Swordfish – Get cell phone numbers and emails from social profiles.
7. Meeple.ai – Analyzes your call notes and creates custom sales materials for your prospects.
8. Reply – Multichannel sales engagement platform that automates the outreach process.
18. Data Analysis
Use the power of AI to quickly analyze unimaginably large data sets to generate insights.
1. Avanzai – AI copilot for analyzing financial data.
2. Akkio -No-code platform for decision-making and prediction.
3. Polymer – Business Intelligence visualized without a steep learning curve.
19. Customer Support
Understand your customer needs better and improve your support documentation.
1. Cohere – Helps CX teams resolve tickets faster while reducing costs.
2. Hivr AI – The AI Sidekick that makes teams more productive.
3. Poly AI – Superhuman Voice Assistants. Answer every call immediately, 24/7.
4. Mintlify – Beautiful documentation that converts users.
5. Stenography – Automatic documentation tool.
6. MonkeyLearn – Analyze customer feedback with AI.
Create chatbots that help your customers get the answers they need anytime.
1. Chatfuel – Automate Facebook Messenger conversations with a chatbot.
2. Quickchat – Technology to build AI Assistants that talk like a human.
3. LivePerson – Conversation AI that almost feels human.
4. Typechat – Next-gen AI smartphone keyboard for iOS and Android.
5. Replika – Your personal chatbot companion for emotional support.
2023 Will Be The Year of Generative AI
I hope you get a lot of value from the AI productivity tools for business and become an early adopter of some of these exciting new AI technologies.
I think it’s becoming clear that artificial intelligence will reach escape velocity in 2023 and it has become something that you can’t ignore for your business.
It looks like the generative AI revolution is just getting started and already there is talk of ChatGPT 4, the rumored next generation of the AI language model developed by OpenAI that is expected to be released sometime in 2023 and it could be 5-10x more powerful.
One expert on Generative AI is even making the bold prediction that 90% of online content could be generated by AI by 2025.
That would be a massive transformation that would result in a fundamental shift in how knowledge-based work is done in only a few years.
With this kind of exponential growth in the capability of these generative AI tools, you definitely don’t want to miss out on joining the early adopter phase before everyone is using these tools so you can gain a competitive edge for your business.