Offer: $30,000 for 5-9% equity.
Applications: Next deadline is July 31st, 2014
Past Participants: EthicalDeal, SpaceList, KarmaHire, Battlefy
Offer: Up to 150K
Applications: Currently accepting applications
Past Participants: Save Everyday, Loyalty Monkey
The largest endowment in the country for digital media startups. Raise up to $1,000,000.
4. VanTec Angel Technology Network
A network of local angel investors and early-stage investors who meet monthly to hear startup business pitches.
A Canadian government program to attract foreign entrepreneurs to build their businesses in Canada and employ Canadians.
Raise up to $70,000 from the city of Vancouver and the Vancouver Foundation to fund projects that benefit local neighbourhoods.
The largest local foundation that provides grants for arts programs and social entrepreneurship projects.
Small business loans of $50,000 and a mentorship program for new business owners.
9. BDC Young Entrepreneur Awards
A selection of finalists is chosen each year to compete for the $100,000 grand prize and a secondary prize of $25,00 in consulting services from the Business Development Bank of Canada.
10. Industrial Research Assistance Program (IRAP)
Innovation funding for research and development projects from the National Research Council of Canada.
11. Canada Council for the Arts
Extensive list of grants for creative entrepreneurs ranging from $2,500-$50,000.
1. Launch Academy
2. Bootup Entrepreneurial Society
3. British Columbia Innovation Council
4. Wavefront Accelerator Centre
5. Vancouver Green Capital: Innovation Incubator
6. Institute B
Small Business Funding and Self-Employment Resources:
1. Resource Centre For Small Business
2. NRC Industrial Research Assistance Program
3. Be Your Own Boss
4. Growing The Social Economy Grants