“You never change things by fighting the existing reality.
To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.”
― R. Buckminster Fuller
I believe we are on the cusp of the revolution that will fundamentally transform the political, economic and social structure of our world.
Across the world, there is a growing backlash against the failure of centralized authority and a loss of trust in the world’s ruling neoliberal elite who are enriching themselves at the expense of the destruction of both human communities and natural ecosystems.
Fortunately, the age of centralization that began with the industrial revolution may be coming to an end. The coming revolution enabled by what’s being called the Blockchain Revolution will allow for the decentralization of government, education, energy grids and our money system, which will restore power to local communities.
If you want to educate yourself about these changes or play an active role in creating this decentralized future by investing in cryptocurrencies, watching this documentary The Blockchain and Us is a good place to start.
Where To Learn More About The Blockchain:
If you’re curious to learn more after watching the film, I would recommend studying online. Here are some resources to help you:
1. What is Blockchain Technology? – An excellent step-by-step guide for beginners. This video is also a good introduction.
2. How The Blockchain Is Changing Money and Business – A 20-minute TED Talk by Don Tapscott, author of The Blockchain Revolution.
3. Interview With Ethereum Co-Founder Joe Lubin – A good primer on Ethereum and the Decentralization Revolution from one of the cryptocurrency’s pioneers.
4. The Blockchain Revolution – An informative Talk at Google from Alex Tapscott.
5. The Blockchain Revolution and Higher Education – How the blockchain could create a global network for higher learning.
6. Ethereum – Learn to code and study how to use Ethereum, which is the most promising blockchain-based platform.
7. Introduction to Ethereum and Smart Contracts – A good explanation of Ethereum’s five components: blockchain, cryptographic token, peer-to-peer-network, the consensus formation algorithm, and the virtual machine.
8. DAO – Experiment with a new form of democracy by starting your own Democratic Autonomous Organization (DAO).
1. CEX – Quickly invest in Bitcoin or Ethereum with this secure digital wallet. An easy way to transfer money into cryptocurrency and invest in a post-fiat cryptocurrencies system.
2. Ethereum Investing – A good debate on Quora on the benefits and risks of investing in Ethereum. Right now, I’m investing 10% of my income in Ethereum as a hedge against the next global economic crisis.
3. Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency Technologies (Coursera)
An 11-week course from Princeton University that you can freely audit. It provides a thorough introduction to understanding Bitcoin, cryptocurrency and blockchain technology.
4. Cryptocurrency Investment Course: Fund your Retirement (Udemy) $
The best-selling course on Udemy for learning cryptocurrency investing. Helps you set up your cryptocurrency wallet, perform investment research and develop a buying strategy.
5. The Complete Ethereum Course: Get .01 Ether In Your Wallet (Udemy) $
If you want to start trading in Ethereum, this course provides a good introduction to investing in Ether coins.
Why Invest In Cryptocurrencies Like Ethereum and Bitcoin?
I highly recommend watching the The Four Horsemen documentary to understand the folly of Neo-classical economics and the implications that the decline of the American Empire will have for the current International fiat-monetary system.
Interesting Books To Read About The Future of Money:
These are 5 excellent books to read if you want to learn more about cryptocurrency, the blockchain revolution and the future of money.
1. The Internet of Money (Andreas M. Antonopoulos)
2. Mastering Bitcoin – Unlocking Digital Currencies (Andreas M. Antonopoulos)
3. Blockchain Revolution: How the Technology Behind Bitcoin Is Changing Money, Business, and the World (Don Tapscott)
4. The Age of Cryptocurrency: How Bitcoin and Digital Money Are Challenging the Global Economic Order (Paul Vigna and Michael J. Casey)
5. Digital Gold: Bitcoin and the Inside Story of the Misfits and Millionaires Trying to Reinvent Money (Nathaniel Popper)
If you have any more recommendations for learning resources related to cryptocurrency investing and the future of money please share them in the comments.